Code of Conduct
AMA Employees. Any type of harassment of employees or applicants for employment by managers, supervisors, co-workers, other employees, or agents of AMA or non-employees (including vendors, customers or members) in the workplace is prohibited conduct and is not tolerated. The AMA is committed to a zero-tolerance environment for unlawful conduct at all locations where AMA employees are conducting AMA business. Register complaints confidentially to an or via a toll-free hotline at 1-800-398-1496.
Patients:The AMA’s Code of Medical Ethics makes clear that sexual harassment, or sexual contact between physicians and patients2元彩票, are unethical and detrimental to a patient’s wellbeing. We have a longstanding policy and practice of condemning sexual harassment, discrimination and physician misconduct. Complaints about individual physicians should be reported to your .
Conflict of Interest policies
Members of the AMA Board and of the AMA House of Delegates who have a substantial financial interest in a commercial enterprise, which interest will be materially affected by a matter must publicly disclose that interest.
- AMA Board of Trustees, Officers of the AMA and members of the AMA's councils, committees and task forces
Digital Code of Conduct
2元彩票To help the American Medical Association (AMA) maintain dialogue that is relevant and respectful of the rights of others, you understand that when you submit comments, posts or images on AMA’s digital platforms, you will not:
- Spread false and/or defamatory information.
- Include content that is discriminatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy or right to publicity, or otherwise violative of any law.
- Infringe on copyrights, trademarks or trade secrets.
- Post content that includes private and/or personal information, such as home phone numbers and email addresses.
- Seek medical advice (consult your personal physician) or disclose personal health information.
- Promote commercial services and products, or causes.
- Post in manner that would constitute spamming (e.g., posting with such frequency or repetitiveness that others may be discouraged from posting, posts that are irrelevant to the topic and/or the AMA's mission, and "follow me" posts) or trolling (defined as comments that appear intended to send the discussion in a fruitless direction).
The AMA does not have the obligation to monitor User-Generated Content, but reserves the right to do so. Content that is posted in violation of this policy may be blocked or removed in the AMA’s sole discretion. Violations of this Code of Conduct may cause your access to this site or ability to post content to be suspended or terminated.
2元彩票By submitting content online, you grant to the AMA a perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to use, download, duplicate, display, distribute, modify and create derivative works of that content without your further approval or permission and without compensation by the AMA.
2元彩票As a courtesy, please do not send commercial messages directly to participants on this social media platform unless specifically invited to do so by such individual. Complaints about unsolicited commercial messages are taken very seriously.
The AMA is not responsible for the opinions or claims of other users posted to our digital channels and we do not typically confirm the accuracy of postings. User-generated content, such as comments or posts, represent the views of those providing the content, and do not necessarily represent the views or policy of the AMA. References or links (provided by the AMA or by a user) to products or services do not constitute endorsements by the AMA.
2元彩票Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, 17 U.S.C. § 512 (c), if you believe in good faith that a copyrighted work has been reproduced on this website without authorization in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may send a notice to: American Medical Association, 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Suite 39300, Chicago, Illinois 60611-5885; Attention, Office of General Counsel. Your notice must contain, at a minimum, (a) a statement that you believe in good faith that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, (b) the identification and location of the material claimed to be infringing, (c) reasonably sufficient information for AMA to identify and contact the infringer, (d) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, (e) a statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner, (f) your contact information, and (g) your physical or electronic signature. See 17 U.S.C. § 512 (c) for further information. This Code of Conduct may be amended or modified at any time.
Revised Feb. 1, 2019